Wednesday 31 March 2010

Easter Egg Competition

Do you remember the Harvest Creature competition? Well, my kids' school also holds an Easter Egg competition at the end of the Spring term, and here are some of the fabulous creations from this years' lot!

Holly had this idea since Christmas when one of the stores had a set of Russian Dolls in their gift range. We used a goose, chicken, duck and (plastic) quail egg to get the dolls sizes, and after I drew the outlines for her, she painted all the colours. I love it so much, I think I'll keep it to display every Easter!

Liam is newly into Ben 10 and he was absolutely sure he wanted to do Ben Egg, but when I had a look at the characters and saw there was one called "Echo Echo", it came to me.... Eggo Eggo it had to be! When I arrived at lunch time today, everyone rushed to tell me that Liam had won (again!) and again, he hadn't realised that going up on stage to get a prize from Mr P means he'd won! Bless him, but he was super chuffed to know he actually was one of the winners!

One for all the Top Gear fans...

Boiled Egg and Soldiers!

Jeggward... there were a few of these this year, but this was by far my favourite!

Story Time With Miss Hemmings... and can you see what story she's reading to them? I *heart* this one so much!

Little Egg Riding Hood... my friend's son did this one, and took one of the Year two prizes!

I love all the Eggy names the kids come up with - they are so creative!

And this one was amazing - I was walking past and thought I'd seen a flash. On closer inspection, I noticed the Eggs-ray machine actually had a little flashing light, so every couple of seconds it flashed on to show the chicken's X-ray! Brilliant!

The school council vote for their favourites, and two winners are selected for each year group. I'm so glad I don't have to vote, I'd want them all to win!

6 comments, come on, leave me some love!:

Kim 31 March 2010 at 17:54  

these are all so darn adorable! I agree- how could you choose a winner? I love the nesting doll eggs most of all- so cute!♥

Jill 31 March 2010 at 20:15  

OMGosh! Those are all so cute-- and so clever!
Hugs,
Jill

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty 31 March 2010 at 21:24  

LOVE Holly's eggs, you'll definitely have to display them every year...and the Eggo Eggo too of course!
Mercedes

DollMum 1 April 2010 at 00:04  

What a lot of creative children (and helpful parents). All the eggs are eggsellent!

Carey 1 April 2010 at 04:11  

This is such a great idea. An excellent way to have kids bring out their creative side. I love Holly's eggs the best.
Carey

SusannaT 1 April 2010 at 05:00  

heheee.. The Stegg tickled my funny bone :)

About Me

My photo
Mother, wife, photographer, crafter, scrapbooker, painter of murals, dabbler. Sometimes in that order, sometimes reversed! Trying to juggle all of them and having a ball in the process.

My Photography Site

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

About This Blog

Translate

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP